Why you should always use a VPN:
Xbox LIVE on an RGH:
A VPN is a vital component to use if you are going online with an Xbox 360 RGH console. When you use a stealth server, the stealth server spoofs the console and bypasses security challenges so it is hard to detect from Microsoft.
Your IP address is not spoofed so once Microsoft or Xbox detects your modified console and you get banned quite a few times, your IP address gets flagged. A VPN replaces your IP address so your initial IP can’t be flagged. When you are flagged, Microsoft will constantly check your IP address for additional modified consoles, increasing your chance of console ban.
What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi hotspots and the internet. Corporations use VPNs to protect sensitive data. Using a personal VPN is increasingly becoming more popular as more interactions that were previously face-to-face transition to the Internet.
Privacy is increased with a VPN because the user’s initial IP address is replaced with one from the VPN provider. This method allows subscribers to attain an IP address from any gateway city the VPN service provides. For instance, you may live in San Francisco, but with a VPN, you can appear to live in Amsterdam, New York, or any number of gateway cities.
What VPN should I use?
There are multiple ones you can use with your console. PureVPN is one of the best on the web. PureVPN is great because of so many reasons:
- User-friendly apps for all of your devices
- Access to the world’s fastest VPN
- 88,000+ shared IPs, 750+ VPN servers in 140+ countries
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 256-bit AES encryption
- OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- Unlimited server switching
- 5 simultaneous connections on multiple devices
- Internet Kill Switch
- DDoS Protection
- NAT Fire wall
MANY MORE FEATURES!
It can make your PC safer by hiding your IP address. Using a VPN on your PC is great for many reasons:
- Creates a private tunnel for web packets
- Hides your IP address from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Prevents ISP monitoring
- Stops DDOS attacks
- Prevents computer viruses & RATS
- Protects your confidential information
How to install a Virtual Private Network on an
Xbox 360 RGH console:
- Download a VPN client that creates a VPN adapter
- Plug your Xbox 360 ethernet cable into your PC
- Use your PC’s WiFi adapter to connect to your internet.
- Right click on your VPN adapter and choose properties
- Go to sharing
- Click & check “Allow network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” then click Ok.